At Burkett Asset Management Limited, we deliver exceptional client service by bringing together bright and talented individuals. We offer exciting opportunities to grow in a team environment, and provide a place where robust debate helps us build the conviction necessary to ensure each portfolio represents our best thinking.
Through collaborative innovation, we provide an opportunity for all employees to have impact. We are passionate about our approach to investment management and look to attract and develop individuals motivated to build careers doing the same.
Our Current Vacancies
- Portfolio Administrator, Private Client
Burkett Asset Management is a leading independent investment management firm based in Victoria, British Columbia managing more than 100 million dollars on behalf of institutions, foundations, other advisors, and high net-worth clients across a number of diversified strategies.
The firm is registered under NI 31-103 in the category of Portfolio Manager with the British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba and Ontario Securities Commissions. Our robust category of registration commands that we act solely in our client’s best interest as legal fiduciaries and is a point of pride and professional ethics as we go about our work.
Responsibilities of the position will include:
• Prepare and present reports for monthly internal meetings to discuss and review client affairs
• Prepare analyze quarterly reporting packages for presentation to clients
• Maintain client database, electronic, and paper files
• Reconcile client accounts and trading systems on a daily basis
• Provide exceptional customer service to our existing and new clients by addressing inquiries in a timely and professional manner both on the phone and by email/mail correspondence
• Assist with setting up client meetings, debriefs and follow ups
• Process and track monthly expenses, record and monitor business performance
• Interact with our custodians and brokers to effect account openings, transfers, payments, and ensure trade executions/settlements are processed on a daily basis
• Assist with the firm’s business development, marketing, and other special projects as needed
A career in Financial Advisory is challenging and fast-paced. Our clients have justifiably high expectations of our firm personnel. A high regard for accuracy and attention to detail are essential. Preference will be given to applicants who meet the following requirements:
• 5+ years of finance, accounting or other relevant work experience
• Post-secondary education (preference for a business focus)
• Completion of the Canadian Securities and Conduct and Practices Handbook Courses
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with prior client-facing experience
• Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Interest in financial and retirement planning
• Ability to work collaboratively with other professionals, as well as independently
• Handles varied roles and responsibilities and consistently meets deadlines
• Self motivated with a strong work ethic
• Knowledge of Toogood or other portfolio management solutions is an asset
• Compliance-related experience including Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Terrorist Financing and Know Your Client considered an asset
• Understands and is willing to uphold the highest standards of client confidentiality
Qualified candidates can email their cover letter and resumes to [email protected] addressed to Burkett Hiring Committee. No telephone inquiries please.
Working In Victoria
Victoria is a great place to work and play.
The capital city of British Columbia offers a rich cultural heritage, an affordable cost of living, and the great outdoors at your doorstep.