At Burkett Asset Management Limited, we deliver exceptional client service by bringing together bright and talented individuals. We offer exciting opportunities to grow in a team environment, and provide a place where robust debate helps us build the conviction necessary to ensure each portfolio represents our best thinking.
Through collaborative innovation, we provide an opportunity for all employees to have impact. We are passionate about our approach to investment management and look to attract and develop individuals motivated to build careers doing the same.
Our Current Vacancies
- Marketing Assistant
Burkett Asset Management is a leading independent investment management firm based in Victoria, British Columbia managing more than 100 million dollars on behalf of institutions, foundations, other advisors, and high net-worth clients across a number of diversified strategies.
The firm is registered under NI 31-103 in the category of Portfolio Manager with the British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba and Ontario Securities Commissions. Our robust category of registration commands that we act solely in our client’s best interest as legal fiduciaries and is a point of pride and professional ethics as we go about our work.
Responsibilities and Duties
Burkett Asset Management is seeking a Marketing Assistant to join its growing team. Responsibilities of the position will include:
• Coordinate and schedule meetings and meeting materials
• Assist with producing, updating, proofing, and formatting regular content and publications, primarily in Word, PowerPoint and InDesign
• Assist with website development using wordpress and associated plugins, in conjunction with outside web designer/developer
• Build templated layouts using PowerPoint
• Maintain and support our contact relationship management system and use the system to conduct e-distribution and campaigns
• Coordinate deliverables for sponsored conferences and proprietary events
• Other, project-based work as necessary
Qualifications and Skills
A career in Investment Management is challenging and fast-paced. High regard for accuracy and attention to detail are essential. Preference will be given to applicants who meet the following requirements:
• Degree in business (marketing), communications, or related
• Strong working knowledge of investment industry
• Experience using word, powerpoint, adobe, wordpress
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
• Works well in a collaborative, team-based environment
• Handles varied roles and responsibilities and meets deadlines
• Desire to develop skills and knowledge in the areas of sales, marketing and client service
• Strong work ethic and motivation
Working In Victoria
Victoria is a great place to work and play.
The capital city of British Columbia offers a rich cultural heritage, an affordable cost of living, and the great outdoors at your doorstep.