At Burkett Asset Management Limited, we deliver exceptional client service by bringing together bright and talented individuals. We offer exciting opportunities to grow in a team environment, and provide a place where robust debate helps us build the conviction necessary to ensure each portfolio represents our best thinking.
Through collaborative innovation, we provide an opportunity for all employees to have impact. We are passionate about our approach to investment management and look to attract and develop individuals motivated to build careers doing the same.
Our Current Vacancies
- Associate Analyst
Burkett Asset Management is a fast-growing independent investment management firm based in Victoria, British Columbia managing more than 100 million dollars on behalf of institutions, other advisors, and high net-worth clients across a number of diversified strategies.
The firm is registered under NI 31-103in the category of Portfolio Manager with the British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba and Ontario Securities Commissions. Our robust category of registration commands that we act solely in our client’s best interest as legal fiduciaries and is a point of pride and professional ethics as we go about our work.
Burkett Asset Management is seeking an Associate Analyst to join its growing team. Responsibilities of the position will include:
• Serve as the primary junior resource to the firm, bringing a can-do attitude to varied tasks required to support the growth of the firm
• Analyze securities to support the firm’s model-based Canadian Equity, US Equity, International Equity and Canadian Fixed Income portfolios
• Perform portfolio-level risk analysis, report on portfolio quantitative characteristics to assist the Portfolio Manager in Portfolio Construction decision-making
• Support the Portfolio Manager in addressing client requests and otherwise serving clients
• Collaborate with firm staff to prepare presentations and other forms of communication
• Conduct trade execution/settlement, support periodic rebalancing of client accounts consistent with the firm’s investment management approach
• Assist with firm operations, supported by the Portfolio Administrator
A career in Investment Management is challenging and fast-paced. High regard for accuracy and attention to detail are essential. Preference will be given to applicants who meet the following requirements:
• Degree in mathematics or business (with a specialization in finance or accounting)
• Desire to pursue CFA Charter
• Knowledge of commonly used financial programs such as Bloomberg, Toogood Evolution (or similar) considered an asset
• Advanced spreadsheet and financial modelling skills
• Works well in a collaborative, high-performing, team-based environment
• Strong working knowledge of investment industry
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
• Handles varied roles and responsibilities and meets deadlines
• Desire to develop skills and knowledge in the areas of equities, fixed income, trading, and client service
• Strong work ethic and motivation; willingness to work long hours and meet deadlines in support of the growth of the firm
Qualified candidates can email their cover letter and resume to [email protected] addressed to Burkett Hiring Committee, subject: Associate Analyst. No inquiries, please.
Working In Victoria
Victoria is a great place to work and play.
The capital city of British Columbia offers a rich cultural heritage, an affordable cost of living, and the great outdoors at your doorstep.