At Burkett Asset Management Limited, we deliver exceptional client service by bringing together bright and talented individuals. We offer exciting opportunities to grow in a team environment, and provide a place where robust debate helps us build the conviction necessary to ensure each portfolio represents our best thinking.
Through collaborative innovation, we provide an opportunity for all employees to have impact. We are passionate about our approach to investment management and look to attract and develop individuals motivated to build careers doing the same.
Our Current Vacancies
- Associate Portfolio Manager
Burkett Asset Management is a fast-growing independent investment management firm based in Victoria, British Columbia managing more than 100 million dollars on behalf of institutions, other advisors, and high net-worth clients across a number of diversified strategies.
The firm is registered under NI 31-103 in the category of Portfolio Manager with the British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba and Ontario Securities Commissions. Our robust category of registration commands that we act solely in our client’s best interest as legal fiduciaries and is a point of pride and professional ethics as we go about our work.
Burkett Asset Management is seeking an Associate Portfolio Manager to join its growing team. The Associate Portfolio Manager is responsible for ensuring consistently superior levels of client service, supporting the portfolio manager in managing accounts, and is a key contributor to overall development of the business.
The responsibilities of the position include:
• Support the Portfolio Manager in addressing client requests and serving clients
• Oversight of firm operations, supported by the Operations Manager
• Assist with firm compliance, liaise with external legal counsel as needed
• Responsibility for firm financial operation, ensure orderly submission of tax and compliance related filings, liaise with external auditors as required
• Oversee trade execution/settlement, support periodic rebalancing of client accounts consistent with the firm’s investment management approach
• Collaborate with firm staff to prepare presentations and other forms of communication
• Support the Portfolio Manager in analyzing securities and performing portfolio risk analysis
A career in Investment Management is challenging and fast-paced. Our clients have justifiably high expectations of our firm personnel. A high regard for accuracy and attention to detail are essential. Preference will be given to applicants who meet the following requirements:
• Degree in business or mathematics, with a specialization in finance or accounting, a Canadian registered CPA and CFA Charter Holder
• Must have a minimum of five (5) years of recent, related industry experience with extensive working knowledge of the investment industry
• Must have previous experience with portfolio management, order management, and execution management
• A track record of prudent management and inspirational leadership with engaged and productive employees
• A comprehensive understanding of all aspects of professional financial planning and regulatory frameworks, standards, best practices, policies and procedures as they apply to portfolio management
Qualified candidates can submit their cover letter and resume addressed to Burkett Hiring Committee, subject: Associate Portfolio Manager. No inquiries, please.
Working In Victoria
Victoria is a great place to work and play.
The capital city of British Columbia offers a rich cultural heritage, an affordable cost of living, and the great outdoors at your doorstep.